Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, November 18, 2013

I'm Working On Another Book! Finally!

Many people have asked me over the past 4-5 yrs when I’m going to do another book. Well, as some of you know, 5 1/2  yrs ago my husband left with another woman and I was so devastated that I couldn’t do much of anything, I did designs for a few magazines but I finally got a book proposal together (which took months) and presented it to Interweave, since they are partnering with the publisher (F+W - Krause) who did my other books.

I was happy to go with Interweave though because they do lots of advertising on their books & magazines as many of you know. They liked my book idea but we went back & forth on some things before I actually signed a contract with them.

I can’t really tell you yet what its all about, but I’ll give you a hint. It has to do with “lace” - my passion. I’m very excited about it and hope everyone will like it!

The bad news is that it won’t be released till the summer of 2015 because they already have other books coming out in 2014. It’s discouraging to have to wait that long but I didn’t want to start all over & go with another publisher.
My manuscript is due June 3 of 2014, and that may seem like a long way away, but really it’s not a lot of time considering everything I have to do. I got behind on this because of my sister having a heart attack & being in the hospital so long. I’m on the 3rd design right now & happy with my results so far!

I can hardly wait till this book come out! It will probably be my favorite. Some of the designs will be worked with my Graduated Stitch Method of making fitted, flattering & shaped garments without having to use increases or decreases. (but not all of the designs will be with that method) You can be well assured though, that these garments will be pretty easy to do!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower and wanted to drop you a note, and let you know that I've stopped by. Writing a book, how inspiring, and I would love to be able to design a few things of my own, getting started is the hardest part. Any tips on you began to design. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a book of yours for the first time, today actually,& I can not wait to get started, after making so many gifts for Christmas, I made a New Years Resolution, to make something for myself, so thank you for the inspiration. I hope you sister is better, my Mom had a quadruple bypass in June. Good thing we have crochet in our lives to get through the rough times.

    ReplyDelete