Welcome to my blog!

Welcome Friends! Please be patient while I add more info. I have SO much to share with you. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, January 9, 2017

Chicken Ramen Noodle Stir Fry


If your looking for a quick, hearty lunch or dinner and your family loves Ramen noodles, then this is the recipe you've been looking for! To make it even easier, I always keep on hand a Kroger bag of frozen Grilled Chicken, which is delicious and so incredibly convenient. Actually I love Chinese and Thai food so much that I fix this exactly the same way I fix my Chinese Fried Rice.


But whatever you do, if you have to substitute anything, please don't leave out the sesame oil. I've lived in the orient and eaten Chinese food in Hong Kong and if you want an authentic taste, make sure you use toasted sesame oil. I prefer the toasted because it just has a better flavor to me.

Saying all that, if you want to make my fried rice recipe (pictured below),

My Fried Rice Version
just substitute the rice for the noodles, especially if you are wheat intolerant like I am. It tastes best with white long grain rice, but this time I used brown rice, which is healthier of course. Make sure your rice was cooked the day before though and put it in the refrigerator. Fried rice is better with cold rice that doesn't stick together. Rinsing the rice before cooking helps with that too. You can add some lite soy sauce too, just not too much because you don't want it to be too salty. Let me know if you try this and what you thought!




Ingredients - to  feed 6 hungry people

Canola oil
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
4 packages Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
2-3 cups Kroger brand frozen Grilled Chicken Strips (green bag)
3-4 eggs
1 can sliced water chestnuts, sliced into strips
1 can baby corn
1½ cups frozen peas or peas and carrots, pre-thawed in the microwave for 2 mins
1-2 Tb Toasted Sesame oil
1-2 Tb sesame seeds

Brown chicken chucks in wok on high heat with about 2 tsps canola oil till brown. When cooked, place in large bowl. In meantime boil approx. 8 cups water to cook noodles. When water comes to a boil, setting seasoning packets aside for later, add dry noodles and cook 3 minutes. Immediately drain water in colinder and rinse with water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
After chicken is cooked, place in large bowl and set aside. Heat about 1 Tb. butter and  1 tsp. oil in the pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Transfer onion and garlic to same bowl with chicken. While pan is still hot, place eggs in skillet and scramble till done. Put eggs in bowl with onions and chicken.
In small amount oil, stir fry together baby corn, peas  and carrots and water chestnuts for about a minute or two. Then put all ingredients together in wok and stir together. Add sesame oil and about 1-2 cups water. Sprinkle seasoning packets all over noodles, chicken and vegetable mixture. Stir well. Add sesame seeds and stir through.




No comments:

Post a Comment